What was the one experience that completely changed your life? What happened? How did it change your life?
Who does not love a great Chocolate cake. There are so many kinds – the delightful; chocolate brownie, the fudge chocolate cake, the mouse style chocolate cake and so on !!
In our workplace we generally make the cake for our fellow coworkers. I think the most popular choice is chocolate – there is something very satisfying about a good one.
One of our favourites is the Bourke Street Bakery Chocolate cake pictured above with chocolate chards and fresh raspberries.Here is a link for the recipe care of another blogger.
My Tips for making a great chocolate cake
1. Use good chocolate – most baking chocolate sold in supermarkets are made from animal fat and do not taste very nice. Use real chocolate – look for a cocoa content of 70%
2. Bring all your ingredients to room temperature – eggs and butter.
3. Older eggs will give better volume.
4. Be careful of your oven temperature and using a conventional oven will give this very rich cake a better baking result.
5. Dont be frightened of checking the cake throughout the cooking time.
6. Be careful not to un mould too early and ensure the tin in greased and the base covered in baking paper.