Zoe turned 16 this month and on the day she broke her arm falling from a horse. This is been a challenge finding things to eat that can be eaten with a fork!
Fortunately when it came time to go out and celebrate we could not go wrong enjoying great freshly made pizza’s at Cafe Altro in Wiliamstown, followed by a delicious chocolate and banana cake at home covered in ganache and malteser’s
Ganache can sometimes be fiddely to make but there a few keys to success.
1. Use good chocolate – remember cooking chocolate is generally made with animal fat.
2. I like to put my chocolate into a food processor and pulse it into a fine crumb.
3. Warm the cream or bring it to a boil.
4. Pour warm cream into the chocolate with the motor running. This will give you a very smooth ganache.
5. Ganache will sit at room temperature and thicken, this is then suitable to pour over the chocolate cake.